Improve Comfort. Save Energy.
Did you know that evaporative air conditioning systems use less electricity and are less expensive to install and maintain than refrigerated air conditioning? In hot, dry climates evaporative cooling is a cost effective and energy efficient way to cool your home.
The EPESaver Evaporative Cooling Rebate Program can help you reduce your energy bills by installing a high efficiency evaporative cooling system. The Program provides cash incentives to residential customers that install evaporative cooling systems.
Incentives vary depending on the type and efficiency of the unit, and systems must meet the following requirements:
• Be permanently installed (window units not eligible).
• Evaporative Air Conditioners must be on the EPE approved list in order to be eligible to receive a rebate.
• Have a single duct or multi-ducted distribution system (portable units not eligible).
The Knowledge You Need.
An evaporative cooler is essentially a large fan with water-moistened evaporative pads in the air stream. The fan draws warm outside air through the pads and blows the now-cooled air throughout the house.
Refrigerated air conditioning is a closed system, taking air from inside a house and recycling it. For refrigerated air conditioning to function properly, doors and windows should be kept closed. Evaporative cooling is an open system and takes air from outside the house. For evaporative cooling to work properly, the cooled air must flow freely throughout the area to be cooled. By choosing which doors or windows in your home to leave open, you can direct the flow of cooled air to areas where cooling is needed.
Participation Made Easy.
1. Select a contractor of your choice. For a list of participating contractors CLICK HERE.
2. Customers may also elect to pursue an EPESaver Evaporative Air Conditioning rebate without the
3. Purchase a unit that is listed on the EPESaver Evaporative Cooler Eligibility List. To view the eligibility list, click on the link at the bottom of this webpage.
4. Once a new eligible evaporative air conditioning unit has been installed, the EPESaver Evaporative Air Conditioning rebate form must be completed and mailed along with a copy of your receipt or invoice to the rebate processing center address. The rebate form can be downloaded by clicking the link at the bottom of this webpage.
5. Your rebate will be mailed directly to you from EPE. Rebate checks will be mailed within 4-6 weeks of receiving the rebate form.
Rebates are issued on a first come, first served basis until funding is exhausted or the program is changed. EPE reserves the right to adjust programs at any time.
Available to El Paso Electric's New Mexico residential customers only.
Refer to the EPESaver Evaporative Cooler Eligibility List in the download section below.
EPE will only pay rebates for eligible units.
DOWNLOAD YOUR DOCUMENTS HERE
Please mail any rebate applications to the EPE Rebate Processing Center. Make sure to include a copy of your receipt or invoice.EPESaver Rebate Center:
1515 S Capital of Texas Hwy
Austin, TX 78746